Salve - Dandelion Salve
Salve - Dandelion Salve
When life gives you dandelions, make dandelion salve! We embrace our little yellow flowers and create something beautiful from them! Dandelions are not just a weed! If you look up potential benefits of the dandelion you will see they contain antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and antifungal and germicidal benefits. Our original recipe has been a favorite in our household for several years.
Disclaimer: We will not make any health claims and will not instruct you how to use this salve for medical reasons. Consult a licensed healthcare worker prior to use. We thoughtfully chose each ingredient for the skin benefits they may provide.
Skin nourishing ingredients:
- Coconut oil is excellent to form a barrier on the skin and absorbs quickly into the skin. Coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer, helping with dry skin.
- Dandelion may protect skin against damage caused by sunlight, aging and acne. In one study, dandelion flower extracts prevented skin damage when applied just before or immediately after exposure to UVB radiation from the sun. Dandelion is said to have antiviral and antibacterial properties that may neutralize acne causing bacteria in the skin.
- Sunflower Oil has vitamin E which has antioxidants that are often used with premature aging, wrinkles and helping skin look young and fresh. Sunflower oil also contains linoleic acid, which may help skin retain moisture and become less dry
- Beeswax is used to help lock in moisture for soft, supple, hydrated skin. Beeswax is said to keep skin in its natural balance for a healthy radiant complexion.
- Mango Butter is rich in antioxidants, used to soften, smooth and moisturize rough dry skin. With natural emollient properties, it has been used to treat burns, stretch marks, scar reduction, and to smooth. Mango Butter is reported to have a protective effect against UV radiation making it ideal to treat sunburns.
- Shea Butter is used predominantly for skin care and is known for its protecting and emollient properties, as well as it ability to protect the skin from UV rays. Shea Butter is said to boost skin moisture, could heal cuts and scrapes, fight breakouts. it contains anti-inflammatory properties soothing skin problems and antioxidants which may mean anti aging properties
- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant, helping protect cells from damage throughout your body. It's found in our sebum (skin oil), which creates a natural barrier to keep moisture in your skin.
- Lavender can benefit the skin in numerous ways. It has been used to lessen acne, help even skin tone, and reduce wrinkles. It is said to soothe eczema and dry skin conditions. It has also been said to contain anti-inflammatory, detoxifying and healing properties.
- Lemon has antiseptic properties to help restore skin's natural balance and reduce excess sebum. It is said to purify and cleanse the epidermis.
- Tea Tree is antibacterial, commonly used to treat acne, athletes foot, lice, nail fungus and insect bites.
- Frankinsense is commonly used to help reduce acne blemishes, calm the complexion and used for irritated or damaged skin. Some use frankincense for sunburn, rosacea or breakouts.
Directions: Apply to affected areas as needed.
Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Dandelion Infused Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beesewax), Mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Tocopherol (All Natural Based Vitamin E), Lavendula angustifolia (Lavender Oil) Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil), Citrus limonum (Lemon Oil) and Boswellia serrata (Frankincense Oil)
Net Weight: 30 g or 60 g
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of pets and children. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
Attention : Pour usage externe uniquement. Éviter le contact visuel. Tenir hors de portée des animaux domestiques et des enfants. Cesser l'utilisation en cas d'irritation.